How to Choose the Best Lacrosse Goalie Gloves
A goalie is one of the most vital members of a lacrosse team, since they prevent the other team from scoring. However, just like other members, they are also vulnerable to injury, particularly in the hands, which they use to catch incoming shots. To prevent them from being injured, they need to have the Best Lacrosse Goalie Gloves. Here is what to look for when choosing the right lacrosse goalie gloves:
1. Buy lax gloves that provide adequate protection for the hands. While some goalies may prefer lightweight gloves that give them increased flexibility, these lacrosse goalie gloves may leave them vulnerable to being hurt, particularly in the thumb area. Be sure that the glove you buy provides sufficient coverage for the thumb and is made of durable material. Some recent high-end gloves now have thumb lock mechanisms to prevent the thumb from bending backwards and resulting in severe injury. But make sure that the gloves you buy aren’t restrictive, since this will hamper the performance of your child on the field.
2. The material used in the palm area of the glove is also important, since goalies use the palms to get a grip on the ball. The lax glove should have reinforced material in the palms as well as shock-absorbing pads.
3. To keep the palms well-ventilated and more comfortable during play, you may also want to choose a pair of lacrosse goalie gloves that has mesh on the fingers or mesh vents on the back of the palm.
4. Find a glove that is made for the gender of your child. While women’s lacrosse rules don’t specifically require the use of gloves, it is still better for the protection of your daughter that she wears a pair. So choose a women’s pair of gloves, since these gloves are not interchangeable for gender.
5. Look for lacrosse goalie gloves that perform satisfactorily rather than making a choice based on brand or price. While it may be true that popular brands or expensive gloves may perform better, these days brand or price are no longer the guarantees of quality that they used to be since it is not uncommon to find high-end gloves that do not perform according to expectations while a more affordable pair can do the job just fine. To find a good pair of gloves, read online reviews of the various brands and models available to see what others have to say about them or ask for recommendations from coaches or other knowledgeable persons.